The National Campaign "All different - All equal - Breaking the Barriers of Education and Employment to youth with disabilities" was followed by an International Youth Seminar, organized in Smolian, the Rhodopes. The seminar was entitled
All different - All Equal: YOUNG PEOPLE BREAKING THE BARRIERS OF ABLEISM IN EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT and delivered between 25th and 31th August 2007.
- To identify and review specific problems and discriminatory practices that disabled youth face in education and employment;
- To campaign against public attitudes leading to abilism;
- To strive for adequate public policy and service provision;
- To promote Human Rights, Independence , Dignity and Equality;
- To encourage participation and address social barriers to increase the educational and employment opportunities for CEI young people with disabilities;
- To enable participants in the youth seminar to understand and explore the concepts of Human Rights Education, participation and social inclusion as tools to combat abilism and achieve inclusive employment and education;
- To help participants in building their self-confidence and improve competences in addressing disability concerns to the public;
- To build partnerships and motivate participants to take concrete action against discrimination on local, regional, national and international levels;
- To multiply these tools and strategies in local communities and educational institutions, NGOs and in the workplace.
- Primarily young people who work with people with disabilities aged from 18 to 30 who are actively working/volunteering in organizations on issues of disability; activists involved in youth work on disability issues.
- Hard hearing young people
- Youth interested in raising awareness about disability problems and concerns of youth with disabilities in Europe.
- Eager to improve social inclusion of disabled young people and their participation in the society.
- Motivated to multiply skills and knowledge obtained to develop projects on inclusive education and employment in their organisations/communities after the course.
RCCD organized the Bulgarian graffitti
"All different - All equal" Campaign in the Rhodopes
RCCD ORGANIZED THE ONLY
"ALL DIFFERENT - ALL EQUAL" CAMPAIGN FOR NONDISCRIMINATION OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES IN BULGARIA